This section contains links to resources, research outputs and projects related to experiential learning, placements, student fieldwork and research in the study of religions.
- A key text for fieldwork in studying religion: Engaging with Living Religion: A Guide to Fieldwork in the Study of Religion Stephen E. Gregg and Lynne Scholefield Routledge 2015.
- University of Leeds Community Religions Project
- Bath Spa University Living Religion project
- Oxford Brookes University the Yatra Project
- AAR RS News Framework for Study Abroad
Legacy resources from Discourse
- Opinderjit Kaur Takhar and Stephen Jacob. Confusing the Issue: Field Visits as a Strategy for Deconstructing Religious Boundaries. Discourse, Vol. 10, No. 2, Spring 2011, pp. 31-44 [Available online].
- Catherine Robinson and Denise Cush. ‘Do They Really Believe That?’ Experiential Learning Outside the Theology and Religious Studies Classroom. Discourse, Vol. 10, No. 1, Autumn 2010, pp 55-72 [Available online].
- Sophie Gilliat-Ray. Fieldwork Projects in the Sociology of Religion and the Development of Employability Skills: Findings from a Small-Scale Study. Discourse, Vol. 4, No. 2, Spring 2005, pp. 120-135 [Available online].
- Catherine Robinson and Denise Cush. When the Twain Meet: Redefining ‘British’ Religions through Student Encounters with Religious Communities. Discourse, Vol. 10, No. 2, Spring 2011, pp. 15-30 [Available online].